A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
Problems are not stop signs, they are detours. Obstacles are not put in our path to discourage us, they are there to challenge us and sometimes to teach us to seek help and make new friends.
I have heard that all creativity comes from a giant pool of thought and that those that are so inclined are linked in to that pool, using its resources as they need them. When I first heard that notion I thought it was weird and didn’t really give it much thought. Then I wrote some stories and drew up some ideas for inventions only to later find them already done by someone else in a slightly different way, but basically the same. So the thought that all creativity comes from the same place may not be so far-fetched as it first seemed, after all we are all human and though we come from different backgrounds and live in different environments, we are all capable of coming up with some of the same conclusions if we are of that like mind.
I confess there have been times when my imagination has gotten me in trouble. Often in grade school classes, my mind would wander and I would find myself doodling a masterpiece, writing a poem or short story, or writing my friend a seven or eight page note complete with illustrations. I’ve been laughed at for my odd point of view on some things, and learned to stay quiet and listen to the different personalities present before offering comments as a result. As I get older I don’t seem as affected by others snide remarks, or small-minded jabs at me as I once was. I suppose we get more secure in our beliefs and reasoning as we get older, or maybe we grow a thicker skin and ability to repel the negative remarks.
I tell my children creativity is the greatest gift we have and combined with an analytical mind with a good dose of common sense, there is no dream you can’t reach if you have the self-discipline, the determination and the belief that you can make it happen.
Never never-never give up on something that matters to you.
Cherry Coley ©
I have been nominated by http://makesomethingmondays.wordpress.com for the Sunshine Award. Awww! Thank you! I love her blog, it has a little bit of all kinds of things and she encourages me and makes me smile!!
The award has some guidelines to be followed.
1. Include the logo in a post on your blog.
2. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
3. Nominate 10-12 marvelous bloggers.
4. Let your nominees knows about their award by linking them to the Sunshine Award in their comments sections.
5. Share the love and link the person who nominated you!
10 questions for the Sunshine Award
- Favorite Color: Black. I love black, it goes with everything!!
- Favorite Animal: I have a special love for wolves. I used to have a couple of malamutes and would love to get another one.
- Favorite Number: 25
- Favorite Drink: raspberry lemonade – just because I want to be different.
- Facebook or Twitter: Facebook, though I don’t like the new format. Twitter is okay and I’m beginning to like it better.
- Your Passion: Art and writing of any kind
- Favorite Pattern: I don’t know….something that flows and is interesting. lol
- Giving or Receiving Gifts: Giving for sure!! I love to make gifts or find something I know someone will love then watch their face light up when they open it.
- Favorite Day: Saturdays
- Favorite Flower: I love flowers, in a garden and out in the sunshine. I like the one’s you can stick in the ground, wish them luck then watch them come back again the next season. ha. Other than that I guess if I get real flowers I like carnations and roses for their fragrance and colors.
The following talented bloggers have given me non-stop encouragement and sunshine and I enjoy reading and checking out their pages:
Take a moment to say hello and share a smile with these talented people. 🙂