I am behind on accepting awards. I will try to catch up. I think the awards are a wonderful way to encourage fellow bloggers, give a little free press and show some appreciation for the creativity that we all seem to love.
On 10/21/12, http://peacewithmylife.com nominated me for the Sunshine Blog Award She is real supporter and lover of animals, a Reiki Master (like me) and creater of a wonderful blog that I love to visit! Please take a moment to stop by and enjoy!
The rules for this award are as follows:
1. link the award to the person who gave it to me (see above);
2. answer the questions about myself (see below);
3. nominate bloggers for the award; and
4. link my nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award (see recipients’ blogs).
Here are the trivia questions.
1. Name a goal you have: My goal is to have a house of my own – not just a rent house.
2. Name something unusual about you: I love dancing in the moonlight.
3. My Passion: writing, coaching, photography, and helping other people.
4. Favorite Time of Year: I truly love fall. Fall has all of my favorite colors, the air is cool and crisp and the promise of winter is in the air. Fall also has two of my favorite holidays – Halloween and Thanksgiving.
6. Favorite Physical Activity: I really love walking in the woods when I have the opportunity. I used to have two malamutes, we loved walking together. I miss them. I love watching sunrise and sunset – they are each different and all are beautiful.
7. What Puts a Smile on My Face? Watching my girls grow into beautiful teenagers. I love watching the puppies play and our black cat stretching in a sunbeam.
I am going to nominate 15 bloggers for this award, but there are many more I wish I could add. Take the time to check out their blogs – you will be glad you did!
Thank you all for visiting! Keep up the good work!
Lately it seems that there a lot more things to do than there is time in the day. I can’t even say that it is bad time management, there has just been a lot of last minute issues popping up that cannot be put off, which leads to other things not being done or completed when I would like them to be. Not being able to complete things on time – even though they are personal goals or items – brothers me at first, then quickly moves me into frustration if I let it.
I have been running sick kids to the doctor, dealing with a sprained elbow, and struggling through colds of my own for the last 3-4 weeks, running last minute errands, and attending school programs, which basically means I haven’t gotten home on time but maybe 3 days out of that time. I treasure my personal time, it’s time spent reading, writing, doing artwork, photography, walking, yard work, or spending time with friends. When that time becomes so encroached upon that I can’t manage to do those things, I start to feel cranky, then eventually worn down.
It’s not unusual to have things happen, after all life loves to throw in the unexpected for us to navigate, and I know I am not the only one struggling through all the “stuff” right now. I have had many friends tell me they are struggling with their own versions of the same issues of having to rush to get everything done and miss out on things they like to do or need to do in the process.
How do we cope? For me – taking a moment to meditate and/or pray can make a tremendous difference. Even if it is a brief moment, just to be able to relax, listen to some soothing tones, light a candle or incense, and drift off into a peaceful mindset for a bit can make the day much better and offer a bit of energy and spiritual renewal. Another way I like to recharge is to take a walk outside, but since I have been getting home after dark, there hasn’t been opportunity to do that.
Today, I am rearranging my schedule again, running errands at lunch, hoping to free up time after work. I have a lot of house work to catch up on, but as long as I can actually get home, I can multitask and knock out a lot of those type chores at the same time, even while listening to a book or catching a favorite show on television.
I hear people often say they need more hours in the day. Me? No thank you. I don’t need more hours, I just need to manage what I have better, have a few less crisis and last minute items pop up, and to multitask a bit faster and more efficiently, nothing that can’t be done as long as one can keep the right attitude and keep putting one foot in front of the other.
Remember to take a moment in the middle of the chaos to stop, find things to be thankful for, people to appreciate, and be grateful for the fact that we are still here. Ask for help if you need it, find joy in the sunrise, sunset and realize that each day, no matter how stressful or wonderful it may be, is a gift. You get to decide your response to what happens along the way which will help decide the outcome. Just do the best you can and give yourself a break when you can.
Cherry Coley ©
I’ve really come to enjoy the blogging community. What a great way for the writers and creatively inclined people to reach out to meet, greet, and encourage each other! I love the different awards too as they give us a chance to introduce different blogs we enjoy.
I’ve recently been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by a truly talented blogger and wonderful lady at http://cauldronsandcupcakes.com/, which I do hope you will visit! She always has something interesting to show or tell.
The Rules for Award participation are:
So, for some more fascinating facts about me…
1. Hawks like me. I have had hawks land just feet in front of me, land on a bush outside my window, or just silently watch in trees close by.
2. I absolutely love candles.
3. As a child I loved to climb trees.
4. When I was 12 years old I worked as a junior life guard and taught toddlers to swim at an indoor pool.
5. I love cake.
6. I love riding motorcycles.
7. While I like the sound of storms, being around water (like a lake or the ocean) when there’s a storm is very frightening to me. I do NOT like choppy water. I drowned in a wave pool at a water park when I was 14 yrs old, but the lifeguard saved me.
The Bloggers I am nominating for this award (in no particular order) are:
These are but a few of the blogs I read. Please take the time to check them out.
I have been nominated for the illuminating Blogger Award from by http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/. Thank you so much!!
Here’s how it works:
1. The nominee should visit the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/) and leave a comment indicating that they have been nominated and by whom. (This step is so important because it’s the only way that we can create a blogroll of award winners).
Let’s see one random thing about me: I love thunderstorms. The sound of the thunder, and the lightning are both soothing and a reminder that storms come, create growth in all of nature, and then move on.
I am to nominate 5 other bloggers. Gosh there are so many to choose from, you guys are so amazing!!
Here are my 5 nominations:
You guys have great stories and articles. I enjoy your blogs so much! Keep up the good work!!
Truly, there are so many others I enjoy reading every day – I am so thankful for the blogs that I have had the pleasure to read and the people I have connected with. You are all so wonderful!!
I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger and Beautiful Blogger awards from my friend Katrina – http://freedomtoafulllife.wordpress.com Katrina is an amazing writer and has a wonderful blog!!
Now 7 (more) random things about myself,
I love meeting people and hearing about their adventures in life.
One of my favorite authors has always been David Morrell – and I got the chance to spend half a day talking to him while I worked at the bookstore.
I am STILL shy.
I still don’t like math.
I love horror movies.
I like to read young adult fiction.
And my nominees are:
I wish I could pick so many more bloggers to win these awards because there are so many that are great!! This is only a small sampling of the wonderful blogs I have connected with.
I am a bit behind so….
I first want to apologize for it taking me so long, then second want to thank jennysserendipity.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Her blog is amazing with photo’s, stories and informative articles for
Here are the rules for those nominated:
1. I love baking.
2. Is looking forward to summer, but my favorite season is Fall.
3. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving because that holiday is about being thankful and spending time with friends and family.
4. Hates insincere people.
5. Is thinking of starting an above ground herb garden.
6. Loves miniatures.
7. Loves old houses and historical landmarks.
Here are the 7 blogs I nominated for this award. These are some of my favorite blogs full of creativity and insight, please take a moment to check them out! There are many many more!
I’ve been nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award by http://shianwrites.wordpress.com/
Yay!!!! Thank you so much, Shian!! I am humbled and honored. Please take the time to check out her blog, she’s got a lot to offer and enjoy!
Here are the rules for the award:
1.Add the award to your blog.
2.Thank the blogger who gave it to you and include a link to their blog.
3.Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4.List the rules.
5.Give the award to 15 or more bloggers
Here are 7 random things about me:
1. I love the sound of thunder and rain.
2. I love a fireplace, hot cocoa, and a good book in the winter time.
3. I love hiking in the woods. .
4. I love all kinds of meditation and interesting music.
5. I am an eternal optimist, but have a love for the darkness.
6. I like watching movies – mind benders, action, and horror, though I like an occasional situational comedy like “Dan In Real Life.”
7. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a pilot.
Here are my nominated bloggers
These are just a few of the great blogs I’ve found, hope you take the time to enjoy them as much as I do!!
It appears that I have been nominated for a blogging award by http://kathrynrubidoux.wordpress.com/ She cracks me up and writes an amazing blog! When you have a moment go check it out. Thank you, Kathryn!!
I rather like these awards. What a great way to reach out and encourage other bloggers along the way – just a “hey, I follow you and think you’re something special!” moment.
I notice in the rules I have to pass it on to 15 other bloggers. This is getting harder the more blogs I come into contact with and read. There are so many that are doing a great job out there! To be fair, I will try to pick some people I haven’t suggested before.
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
I enjoy each of these blogs, even though I just added a few of them, they all seem very promising and I am looking forward to great things from them!
Seven Things About Me:
Wolves and Owls are my favorite animals.
I am half Cherokee and half Irish.
I am from Dallas, Texas - I try not to have an accent, but some days I fail.
I love black cats.
I love all kinds of spicy food.
I am a knowledge junkie – I love researching things, as well as finding out what people believe and why.
I married and divorced, and have been a single mom for 7 years.
So there’s your random bits of trivia about me.
I am so excited and humbled that my fellow blogger (whose posts I love to read) http://living4bliss.wordpress.com/ nominated me for an award! I apologize for taking a bit longer to post this one. Moving put a bit of a kink in my schedule.
The purpose of blogger awards is to share love. Please visit these amazing award-winning blogs and share love, a comment, a like and maybe even subscribe. If you are nominated for these awards, don’t forget to share the joy by nominating others.
The rules for this award require that I reveal 7 things about myself, so that is a great place to start.
Thank you http://living4bliss.wordpress.com/ for this wonderful award. Readers please visit and subscribe to this awesome blog. This blog is designed to be informational and uplifting. I love hearing her point of view and enjoy the opportunity to share.
Pass the award along to 15 other blogs.
Take a moment to browse and enjoy. What an honor to be able to pass this on to other people who are so talented and fun!